George Adler was to be Doctor Babylon’s prized lieutenant. LEGION’s science-boss recruited the American computer genius to outshine Nero Iscariot. Unfortunately for George, Babylon became aware that Adler was actually working with the Minister of Greed on the side and killed him.
That would have been the end of it, if not for George's daughter Konstanze, whose mind was equal to her father’s. Babylon recruited her to finish her father’s work. To ensure she could not betray him, Babylon inserted a control chip in her brain. Babylon became fond of Konstanze, coming to regard her as a daughter. He even codenamed his little muse “'Ariadne.” But Ariadne's hatred of her father's murderer overcame the chip's control of her brain.
Ariande became a psychopath. Eventually, over time, Konstanze gained some clarity. But she is still woefully insane. She wants nothing more than to regain her sanity and make herself whole again.
To the envy of the other lieutenants, Konstanze has complete free will to do whatever she wants. As Babylon puts it, “Why would I constrain such wild imagination?”
She got her revenge on Babylon by tampering with the machine, not before running in with M.A.Y.H.E.M. by kidnapping Gremlin. Her revenge was severed by Babylon who placed her within the crystal it is unknown if she was destroyed like the other lieutenants.
- She's looking to complete herself and be accepted as a rational, sane lieutenant within LEGION.
- She has been tainted by LEGION technology and is trying to remove it from her body.
- She knows she's been a pawn of pride and greed but still fluctuates between them.
- Wants vengeance against Pride, wants to remove their advanced technology from the world.
- Wants to be taken seriously for her genius, not totally unlike Doctor Babylon.